Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just Call Me Angel...

So I'm driving in to work this morning. It's that perfect time of day; 5:15 and dark. I'm awake, I'm alive, raring and ready to go and meet the world. I'm listening to Sirius 62, Classic Country. It's Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, back to back to back. I'm rocking out, singing along with every word; life is good. A minute later, I hear myself singing, "Just call me angel of the morning, just touch my cheek before you leave..." Juice Newton. Juice Newton?!? Yeah. All the "coolness" that I'd felt I possessed just moments before was gone in that brief instant. It was, shall we say, an uncomfortable moment... So I put in Gary Allan and made sure that wouldn't happen again...

By the way, for those who haven't checked out Gary's new CD Tough All Over, I would heartily recommend it. His song, Life Ain't Always Beautiful, could easily be one of my favorites of all time.

No comments: