Wednesday, December 12, 2007

McDonald's Wants You to Move Along...

Ran across this story today, which I’m not sure I understand…  Drive-Thru customers at 40 McDonald’s in England are given 45 minutes to finish their meal and leave the parking lot or they’re issued a $225 ticket.  Oddly enough, I find myself having trouble grasping the behavior of the customers, not McDonalds.  First off, isn’t the whole purpose of going through a drive-thru so you eat on the road?  If you’re going to sit in your car to eat, why not just go inside?  And 45 minutes?  Holy cow, how slow of an eater are you?  You can’t eat a Big Mac and fries in 45 minutes?  Shoot, I can be done at most sit-down restaurants in 45 minutes and that’s with three kids!  I know people are different in Europe, but this story really confuses me…

No comments: